czwartek, 18 grudnia 2014

Activated Nuts


Last week I stumbled upon a book 'I quit Sugar' by Sarah Wilson. When I started reading, I couldn't put it down. I was really impressed with the author's stance on sugar and interested to find out about its effects on our bodies. Beforehand, I would keep asking myself the question "Is it really possible to eliminate sugar from your diet?" Now, I keep asking myself "Can I do it?"

Anyway, the book gives loads of ideas and tips how to quit sugar along with a list of yummy recipes. I've already started trying some out so watch out for more sugar-free recipes coming :)

Coming back to the recipe, we all know that nuts are good for us and I've been nibbling on them for quite a long time now. However, I have never thought of activating them.

I'm sure you're wondering what this activating means. Basically, nut and seed husks contain poisons and toxins that make them difficult to digest. That means that our body needs to produce its own enzymes in order to break up the food and metabolise it. However, the less enzymes our body produces, the longer it will stay healthier and younger.

So, when you activate nuts, you promote the enzyme activity in raw food. These enzymes ease bloating and gas and support healthy digestion.

Any nuts are great to activate, but pumpkin seeds, walnuts and almonds work best as they contain less oils.

Ingredients:

  • 1 bag on non-oily nuts or seeds e.g. almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds
  • a pinch of sea salt

Preparation:

  1. Soak the seeds or nuts overnight in a covered saucepan of water with salt.
  2. Drain, then spread out on a baking tray lined with some baking parchment and dry in the oven for 12-24 hours at a very low temperature (65º C). 
  3. Cool and store in a sealed container or freezer.
The recipe comes from 'I quit sugar' by S. Wilson.





Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz